Saturday, January 28, 2006

International Motorcycle Show in NYC



Check out the "Toad 'L Package," a double engine Art Deco number customized from an '87 Harley, the creation of one Mike Roach from Nova Scotia. I covered the bike show in NYC Jan. 20 - Jan. 22, and this was just one of many pieces of rumbling art-ware that blew me away. Definitely the most inspired entry under what Big Twin Customs was calling its grass-roots effort to promote custom builders who lack recognition outside their locales.

The show really knocked me out: It seems a great time to be a biker. Or, maybe it's always a great time to be a biker. Still, the fusion of art and power pouring out of custom garages and brand name shops these days is amazing. Such creativity by the ton deserves, well... credit. Perhaps the real test will be if this experience turns me into a biker -- a lobbying effort my visiting Uncle subtly engaged in, handing me materials to sign up for local cycle safety courses: I cannot say that I'm not intrigued. Look out.

http://www.forbesautos.com/news/headlines/2006/january/fadc012506-cycleshow.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home